- Dr. Hamza Alvi (Chairperson) is a renowned scholar.
- Dr. Manzoor Ahmad headed the Department of Philosophy at Karachi University
before associating with Hamdard University as its first Vice Chancellor. He is a renowned
intellectual of the country.
- Abdullah J. Memon, former civil servant who left on his own to pursue more
serious life of contemplation. He was also the former federal minister in the recent
I.A. Rehman is a senior journalist, senior columnist and a very inspiring crusader for
- Mr. Khaled Ahmed, former editor of Frontier Post and consultant editor of Friday
- Mr. Kaiser Bengali is a well known economist from Islamabad working with various
research institutes. Presently, he is situated with the Sustainable Development Policy
- Mr. Karamat Ali is the Director of the Pakistan Institute of Labour, Education
and Research, and has been closely connected with trade unions and political activism.
- Dr. Haroon Ahmed is a leading psychiatrist. He has been very closely associated
with societys problems.
- S.V. Raju is the Editor of Freedom First, a famous liberal magazine from
India. Was a member of the Swatenter Party, a liberal party founded in 1959 by
Rajagopalacharya. Is a member of the executive committee of the Centre for Economic
Education. He has authored a number of books including The Fundamental Rights and the
Citizens and Democracy and Development. He lives in Bombay.
- Mr. Nitai Mehta prefers to work in what we loosely call the social service but
which is actually service to the community. He is a founder member of Youth For India.
- Miss Poonam Barua is the Director of Public Affairs Management, an independent
consultancy organization specializing in corporate and institutional representation and
Public Diplomacy. She has also spent 13 years as programme adviser with the United States
Information Service within New Delhi where she was working on India-Pakistan relations.
Sri Ram Khanna, from Faculty of Commerce and Business, the University of Delhi. Also the
Chairman of Consumer Co-ordination Council a coalition of NGOs working in consumer
affairs. He is the author of three books on international trade and a specialist in
international trade in textile and clothing. His father was born in Rawalpindi, while Sri
Ram Khanna himself was born in Delhi. His work on consumer litigation has filled a void in
civil society in India.
Raj Chengappa, has worked for sixteen years with India Today and is highly
regarded for his objective and analytical policy pieces. He is also a former fellow of
Henry Elstinson Research Centre in Washington, D.C. and well-respected in the
international community for his views on nuclear non-proliferation.
- Mr. Khorakiwala from Bombay is an eminent business man and ex-Sheriff of Bombay.
He has served as the ex-President of Indian Merchants Chamber and Associate Chamber of
Commerce and Industry in India. He is also a social activist and President of the Citizens
Council for Better Tomorrow.
- Dr. Navnita Chadha Behera is an Assistant Research Professor at the Center for
Policy Research, New Delhi. Shes been working on a wide range of issues regarding
political, social and economic relations between India and Pakistan and she is presently
writing a book called Building Bridges Between India and Pakistan.